The SASW Supervision Service helps to select and match supervisors to social workers who are unable to obtain clinical supervision at their organisation.
With effect from 1 January 2021, this is also extended to all social workers who are from the Professional Conversion Programme (PCP) and/or Mid-careerists.
The service is provided in partnership with the Ministry of Social and Family Development (MSF). This service will enable social workers to meet the criterion of 1,000 supervised practice hours for accreditation as a Registered Social Worker. Please note that 1 supervision hour is equivalent to 20 supervised hours. For details, please click here.
Criteria for Supervisees
- Possess a recognised social work qualification; and
- Be employed as a social worker in a Social Service Agency (SSA) which is a member of the National Council of Social Service (NCSS); and/or
- From the Professional Conversion Programme (PCP) / Mid-careerist
Criteria for Supervisors
- Possess a recognised social work qualification;
- Have at least four years of social work experience, of which at least one year must be in Singapore; and
- Be a Registered Social Worker or will be applying for accreditation upon appointment on the SASW Supervision Service.
- Duration of session: Two hours maximum
- Not more than one session per week
Group Supervision *
- Social workers should come from the same agency
- Maximum of five social workers in the group
- Duration of session: Three hours maximum
- Not more than one session per week
*Availability only on a case by case basis
Supervision fees ranges from $120 to $200 per hour depending on the qualification of the supervisor. However, with subsidies by MSF, the sponsoring employer can expect to pay the following fees:
- Fee for Individual Supervision: $24 - $30 per hour
- Fee for Group Supervision: $34 - $40 per hour (Total group fee, maximum 5 supervisees per group)
For Supervisees, please download and fill up the Application Form here
For Supervisors, please download and fill up the Application Form here
In accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) guidelines, please note that by voluntarily providing your personal data to SASW, you are deemed to consent to the collection, use and disclosure of personal data to assess your application. For more information on PDPA guidelines for the Social Service Sector, please visit https://www.ncss.gov.sg/GatewayPages/Social-Service-Organisations/Useful-Information
For queries related to the list of available supervisors or any other enquiries, please contact:
Frequently Asked Questions
SASW will consider both the qualifications and experience of the supervisor and the requirements of the supervisee to facilitate a match.
The Ministry of Social and Family Development (MSF) provides 80% funding of the actual supervision fee for eligible social workers.
Each supervisee is entitled to not more than 30 hours of subsidised supervision.
- Collaborate with supervisor to develop supervision learning objectives, format and schedule.
- Devote reasonable time to the Supervision and, to the best of your ability apply yourself to the supervision satisfactorily.
- Complete all administrative forms (e.g. session records, evaluation forms etc) in a timely manner as advised.
- If the Supervisee is not accredited, you shall undertake to apply for accreditation as a Registered Social Worker within 6 months upon completion of the supervision arrangement.
- Jointly develop supervision learning objectives, format and schedule with supervisee(s).
- Provide the Supervisee with on-going feedback concerning his/her performance and document concerns.
- Complete the required forms for the purpose of providing feedback to the SASW Supervision Service in a timely manner as advised.
- To apply for accreditation as a Registered Social Worker within three months upon appointment on the SASW Supervision Service.