To qualify for Membership you would need to meet the following entry requirements:
Criteria for Ordinary Membership
- Possess professional qualification in Social Work recognised by the Association.
- At least 1000 hours of social work practice including field placements.
- Currently employed / residing in Singapore.
- Ordinary Members are able to apply for registration with the Association as “Registered Social Workers”.
Criteria for Provisional Membership
- Do not yet qualify for Ordinary Membership
- Possess a professional qualification in Social Work recognised by the Association OR have passed examinations in Social Work recognised by the Association.
- Are engaged in Social Work Practice to the satisfaction of the Executive Committee.
- Provisional members shall be exempted from paying the entrance fee when they qualify for Ordinary membership.
Criteria for Associate Membership
- Applicants who do not qualify for Ordinary membership but holds recognised qualifications at the tertiary level.
- Currently engaged in positions whose employment places them in close association with social workers within the social and/or health services.
Criteria for Student Membership
- Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents who are undergoing an Association recognised course of professional Social Work Training locally or overseas or
- Undergoing an Association recognised Social Work course of Study.
- Student members shall be exempted from paying the entrance fee when they qualify for Provisional or Ordinary membership upon graduation.